Your U of T Resource Finder
Skip to Content

What happens if a student living in a University residence is placed on a Leave? 

There are situations where a student placed on a Leave may be required to move out of residence as part of the terms and conditions of their Supportive Leave.  Such a decision is based on the student’s behaviour.  If a student is engaging in behaviour that compromises the safety of other students living in residence, or the staff who work there, the University has a duty to act to protect the health and safety of our community. 

In such circumstances, the Student Case Manager works directly with the student to ensure they have safe housing. This may mean providing the student with temporary off-campus emergency housing paid for by the University, supporting the student to connect with family, working with community agencies, and/or assisting them to access government funding that will support them in finding safe housing.