Your U of T Resource Finder
Skip to Content

How does a student request to return to studies? 

Students can make a request to initiate the process to return to studies in writing (by email) either directly to the Vice-Provost, Students or through their Student Case Manager. It can be as simple as “Dear [name of SCM], I want to return to studies at the University and am ready to initiate the return to studies process.”. 

The return to studies expectations and process is outlined in the letter to the student initiating the Leave. 

Additional information about the return to studies process is available in the FAQs for Students on a Supportive Leave

Please refer to Section V. of the Supportive Leaves Policy for additional information about the return to studies process.