Your jump list for h2 tags will appear here on the page.
This page provides information and links regarding Non-Academic Incidental Fees – applicable policies, regulations and relevant approval processes – at the University of Toronto.
For specific information regarding the payment of tuition and other fees, including incidental fees, please visit Student Accounts.
Tuition Fee Schedules are approved annually by the Governing Council and are available on the U of T Planning and Budget website. Tuition Fee rates for each year are effective May 1.
Go to Ancillary Fees page.
What are Non-Academic Incidental Fees?
Non-Academic Incidental Fees (or Incidental Fees) are amounts charged in addition to tuition which cover the costs of services and programs not otherwise funded.
These fees support services and programs that contribute to the student experience and student wellbeing and include fees for University-operated student services (such as campus Career Centres and Hart House).
This term also refers to fees collected on behalf of student societies (such as the Association of Part-time Undergraduate Students or the New College Students’ Council). Student societies provide services to students and membership in a student society is tied to students’ registration.
Students registered in the School of Continuing Studies are not charged non-academic incidental fees, and therefore do not have access to the University services or student society programs and services.
FAQ’s about Non-Academic Incidental Fees
Policies governing Non-Academic Incidental Fees
The establishment of, or increases to, fees that fund University operated student services (including those managed by a division of the University) are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in:
- the Policy for Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees and
- the Memorandum of Agreement between The University of Toronto, The Students’ Administrative Council, The Graduate Students’ Union and The Association of Part-time Undergraduate Students for a Long-Term Protocol on the Increase or Introduction of Compulsory Non-tuition Related Fees (commonly referred to as the ‘Protocol’).
Changes to student society fees (including portions of fees that are designated for specific purposes) are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Policy for Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees, the Handbook for Student Societies, and the societies’ own constitutions and/or by-laws.
Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees Reports
This report is an inventory of all compulsory non-academic incidental fees (and designated portions thereof) approved by the University Affairs Board and charged by the University. Similar fees charged by the federated universities are included for reference.
- 2022-23 Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees Report
- 2021-22 Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees Report
- 2020-21 Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees Report
- 2019-20 Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees Report
- 2018-19 Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees Report
For questions about the CNAIF Report and / or access to archived Reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.