Your U of T Resource Finder
Skip to Content

I live on campus and would like to watch a movie or TV show with my housemates in the common area. Do I need a licence?

As long as the showing is “private” (that is, essentially limited to your private circle of friends or housemates) you should not need a licence. However, if you advertise the showing or invite a wider audience that could not reasonably be understood to be private, different considerations may apply and a licence may be required.