Your U of T Resource Finder
Skip to Content

For one of my courses, I have to provide a presentation to my instructor and classmates. Do I need a licence to show a scene from a movie or TV show as part of my presentation?

No. If the performance takes place in your classroom and is presented primarily to University students or instructors for educational purposes, and the copy of the movie or TV show was not obtained from an unlawful source, you do not need to obtain permission from the copyright owner.