Skip to main content

COVID-19 Information for University of Toronto Students

Comments are closed.

The entire University community is focused on maintaining a safe and healthy environment on our campuses, preserving your educational experience, and communicating any updates and new information.  This page contains information for U of T students regarding the University’s responses and actions related to the coronavirus (COVID-19).

As we look forward to Fall 2020 and the gradual return to our campuses, we have created a UTogether2020: Student Roadmap outlining principles and considerations. The University’s full roadmap is available on the Provost’s website.

Graduate Students, please also visit the School of Graduate Studies webpage for specific updates.

All students, please continue to check your U of T email, since you may be receiving emails directly from your divisions, residences, and Deans of Students.

We will continue to update this page with important information for students. Please also continue to check the University of Toronto’s coronavirus updates and frequently asked questions (FAQs) for updates relevant to the whole U of T community.

Coping with Stress

We know this situation brings uncertainty and stress for everyone – and some will experience this more than others. Please know that if you are struggling, there are resources and supports available.

Article: Managing stress and feelings of powerlessness can be a challenge in times of uncertainty. U of T’s Dr. Suze Berkhout shares seven tips for mentally coping with the challenges caused by the COVID-19 crisis.

All Students

Last updated: Tuesday June 22 at 3:30pm EST (Question #4 updated) 

All Students - Fees

Last updated: April 22 at 3:00pm EST
Please note that Question 1 is also posted on the main U of T COVID-19 FAQ page

For Incoming Undergraduate Students

We look forward to having you join our U of T community this academic year. Visit the Futures FAQ page for information about residence offers, orientation, what you can expect in September, and questions about admissions

For Students Living in Residence Summer 2020

Last updated: Friday, May 22 at 12:10pm EST (New question #1 added) 

For Students Applying to Residence for Fall 2020

Last updated: Monday, June 22 at 9:45am EST (St. George campus information session video added)

Residence is an important part of the university experience and we’re excited to be welcoming students to campus this fall. If you applied to live in residence, your experience will be a little different than what you imagined, but our goal is to make your residence life as fulfilling as possible and to support you every step of the way.

Individuals seeking graduate housing or student family housing are invited to refer to the following websites for more information: St. George Campus: Graduate House and Student Family Housing. UTM: Graduate and Medical Housing and Family Housing

For information about the Principles & Considerations for Fall 2020 Residence Offers to First-Year Students visit the UTogether2020: Student Roadmap Information page on this site.

Did you miss the St. George campus information session for first-year students who’ve applied for Fall 2020 residence? not to worry, we recorded the session and you can view it here.

For International Students
Last updated Friday, April 24, 2020 at 12:48pm EST (Questions 3-8 are new; Question #4 updated; previous questions regarding UHIP remain the same – now #’s 9 and 10)
For Newly Admitted International Students

Last updated: Wednesday, June 3 at 9:25am EST (Question #8 added)

For students who are on / looking to study abroad

Questions updated: May 25, 2020 at 12:00pm EST (All questions, with the exception of #3, are updated or new).

As of May 25, 2020 , the University of Toronto has cancelled future University activity to international locations for all students until December 31, 2020. University activities abroad on or after January 1, 2021 are scheduled to continue at this time. If you’re able to postpone or shift your travel to a later date, please arrange to do so. If you’re unable to change your plans, please note that, regrettably, your activity is cancelled.

PhD students planning to travel abroad for dissertation research during this time should contact Given the current situation, there are significant travel restrictions and it will be difficult for you to make travel arrangements. We encourage you to postpone or shift your travel to a later date if you’re able to do so. If your work abroad can be carried out safely and in consideration of government advisories regarding travel, you may be able to proceed. Safety Abroad will work with you, your supervisor, and your academic unit to minimize disruption to your research.

We’ll continue to update this page with the most current information we have.